City Chorus is a friendly, hard working choir, open to all with no audition. We rehearse on Tuesday evenings in the city and perform several times a year in beautiful venues.
Our musical director is Paul Ayres and our accompanist (piano and organ) is Philip Shannon. Our concerts feature top professional musicians.
Please subscribe to our occasional newsletter.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
at St Mary, Moorfields, 4-5 Eldon St, London EC2M 7LS, 6.15pm to 8.15pm
If you enjoy singing, try one of our concerts, then come and give a rehearsal a try in the autumn, with no audition and no cost at first. Email Dionne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a concession for under 30s, as well as for full-time students, retirees, and those getting state benefits.
Subscription costs should you decide to join:
£96 per term, £63 concession* (includes 2 concert tickets)
£216 annual full membership (includes 6 concert tickets)
£153 annual concession* (includes 6 concert tickets)
Annual membership can be paid in 3 installments.
We encourage all members who can afford it to pay the full subscription rates as City Chorus is a charity and we fund ourselves.
*Under age 30, full-time students, those receiving state benefits (including those who are unemployed) and those over State retirement age.
Centenary Year 2020
• Tuesday 14 January 2020: Open Evening for new and returning singers,, 6.15-8.15pm at St Mary, Moorfields
• Open Day for everyone, 1-6pm at St Mary,Moorfields, singing the top pieces voted forby the Choir, followed by an evening socialevent at The Counting House, 50 Cornhill, London EC3V 3PD
• Friday 3 April: Centenary Concert, singing Mozart Coronation Mass and Handel Zadok the Priest at Southwark Cathedral
• Friday 10 July: Summer Concert of music by Gilbert & Sullivan and classical pieces by Sullivan at The Church of St Andrew, Holborn
• Friday 4 December: Christmas concert of works associated with the choir at The Church of St Andrew, Holborn