City Chorus is a friendly, hard working choir, open to all with no audition. We rehearse on Tuesday evenings in the city and perform several times a year in beautiful venues.
Our musical director is Paul Ayres and our accompanist (piano and organ) is Philip Shannon. Our concerts feature top professional musicians.
Please subscribe to our occasional newsletter.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Summer Term 2019
• 30th April to 2nd July: rehearsals at St Margaret Pattens, 7pm to 9pm
• 6th July: Travelling Concert, performing Faure Requiem on the Saturday night at St Mary’s Church, Mold, staying overnight in Wrexham, with an optional service on the Sunday
• 9th July: rehearsal St Andrew Holborn, 6.15pm to 9.15pm
• 12th July: London Concert, performing Faure Requiem at St Andrew, Holborn
Autumn Term 2019
• 10th September to 19th November: rehearsals, St Mary Moorfields, 6.15pm to 8.15pm
• 26th November: rehearsal St Andrew Holborn, 6.15pm to 9.15pm
• 3rd December: St Mary Moorfields, 6.15pm to 8.45pm
• Christmas Concert: 6th December, St Andrew Holborn
Centenary Year 2020
• Saturday 25 January: Open Day, singing pieces voted for by the Choir, followed by an evening social event
• Friday 3rd April: Centenary Concert, singing Mozart Coronation Mass and Handel Zadok the Priest at Southwark Cathedral
• Friday 3 July: Summer Concert of music by Gilbert & Sullivan and classical pieces by Sullivan at St Andrew, Holborn
• Friday 4 December: Christmas Concert of the Choir’s favourite seasonal works at St Andrew, Holborn
• Summer: weekend trip to Europe (Brexit-permitting)