City Chorus is a friendly, hard working choir, open to all with no audition. We rehearse on Tuesday evenings in the city and perform several times a year in beautiful venues.
Our musical director is Paul Ayres and our accompanist (piano and organ) is Philip Shannon. Our concerts feature top professional musicians.
Please subscribe to our occasional newsletter.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Please sign the Register each week, and enter any anticipated absence in the Register. Regular attendance at rehearsals is important to ensure that performances are successful and that you get the most from your membership. However, If you have to be absent unexpectedly or find that you are unable to sing in a concert, please contact Dionne as soon as possible.
Summer Term 2019
• 9 July: Rehearsal at The Church of St Andrew, Holborn, 5 St Andrew Street, Holborn, EC4A 3AF, 6.15pm to 9.15pm
• 12 July: London Concert, performing Faure’s Requiem at The Church of St Andrew, Holborn
Autumn Term 2019
• Return after summer: 10 September: First rehearsal only at St Stephen’s Gloucester Road
• 17 September to 19 November: Rehearsals, St Mary, Moorfields, 4-5 Eldon St, London EC2M 7LS, 6.15pm to 8.15pm
• 26 November: Rehearsal at The Church of St Andrew, Holborn, 6.15pm to 9.15pm
• 3 December: Rehearsal at St Mary, Moorfields, 6.15pm to 8.45pm
• 6 December: Christmas Concert at The Church of St Andrew, Holborn
Centenary Year 2020
• Saturday 25 January: Open Day, St Mary, Moorfields, singing pieces voted for by the Choir, followed by an evening social event
• Friday 3 April: Centenary Concert, singing Mozart Coronation Mass and Handel Zadok the Priest at Southwark Cathedral
• Friday 3 July: Summer Concert of music by Gilbert & Sullivan and classical pieces by Sullivan at The Church of St Andrew, Holborn
• Friday 4 December: Christmas Concert of the Choir’s favourite seasonal works at The Church of St Andrew, Holborn
• Summer: weekend trip to Europe